1. Drink More Water
Too often we misinterpret thirst for hunger. Our signal for thirst may cause us to eat as we mistake it for hunger pains. Reach for water first and make sure you are well hydrated before eating any meal throughout the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner included. Where possible make sure to drink your water at least 30 minutes prior before eating as this will allow time for the water to properly penetrate your body’s cells and hydrate your stomach lining in preparation for proper digestion. Try adding lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to your water or green it up with barely grass powder, wheat grass powder, spirulina or chlorella.
2. Add Green Juice To Your Day
The Juice Therapy is an amazing way to add life giving and detoxifying plant chlorophyll to your bloodstream.
As Jason Vale says in Hungry for Change, “Juicing is the ultimate fast food, it is a 15 minute nutrient express to health”.
Some simple green juice recipes include:
- Celery, lemon and pear or apple
- Celery, cucumber, lemon (with the skin on) and pear or apple
- Celery, cucumber, kale, lemon and pear or apple
- Celery, cucumber, lemon, parsley, and pear or apple
*** Of course organically grown produce is always better***
3. Add More Parsley and Cilantro To Your Diet
Parsley and cilantro (coriander) are very powerful natural green plant foods
for detoxifying heavy metals out of the body.
Add these amazing herbs to juices, salads, soups and meals.
Heavy Metal Detox Pesto Recipe:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts (source of selenium) or macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine source)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium sources)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 cup parsley
- 2/3 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (Vit. C source)
- 1 Big pinch of sea salt or dulse flakes to season
- Soak the seeds and nuts over night to release the enzyme exhibitors.
- Process the cilantro (coriander), parsley and olive oil in a blender until chopped.
- Add nuts, garlic, seeds, salt/dulse and lemon juice together and mix until ingredients are finely blended into a paste.
- Store in dark glass jars if possible. Pesto can also be stored in the freezer.
ENJOY AND BON APPETITE!
4. Breathe Deep into Your Abdomen
Deep breathing is where you fill your belly and expand your diaphragm downwards causing the expansion and deflation of the stomach area and not the rise and fall mainly from the chest region. Breathing deeply and correctly is one of the most powerful exercises you can do for your lymphatic system, which helps to detoxify your body. Think of your lymph system as your own private garbage removal system.
Practice 10 slow deep breaths, counting 4 seconds for inhalation and 8 seconds for exhalation. Do this while watching TV, walking the dog, sitting at your desk, during meditation or while practicing yoga.
According to the “Tao of Breathing”, up to 70% of our body’s waste products are eliminated through our lungs and the rest through urine, skin and feces. When the efficiency of our lungs is reduced due poor breathing habits, less oxygen is available to our cells slowing down the flow of blood which carries wastes from the kidneys and lungs. Our lymphatic system, which fights off viral and bacterial invaders, is weakened along with slower digestive processes.
So in short: Breath long, slow and deep as often as possible for maintaining overall health and vitality.
If you have any suggestions, other detox tips, recipes or detox’s that have worked or not… We would love to know!
Taken from: http://hungryforchange.tv/detox